- In 1542 the first beer factory was established in Mexico.
- With the sale of barley, you could fill the gas tanks of 8,500 cars per year in Mexico.
Beer is the beverage obtained from the fermentation of barley, which is a grain used in the production of drinks.
As a fermented drink it dates back to the colonial period. It is said that the first beer factory, directed by Spaniard Alfonso de Herrera, was established in 1542 in Amecameca in the State of Mexico.
Barley is a cereal that has a large number of nutrients. It has vitamin B3 and fiber, which is a gentle natural laxative that promotes digestion. Barley fiber also lowers cholesterol levels.
Mexico is one of the world leaders in beer production, which promotes high exports for the Mexican economy. Within the country it directly provides more than 55 thousand jobs.
Beer is consumed as an alcoholic beverage. It is also used to give flavor to some dishes in cooking.
- Mexico is the number one beer supplier to the United States, Australia, Chile, Argentina, and New Zealand.
- The Netherlands is Mexico’s main competitor in beer exports.
- Mexican beer totaled more than 2.2 billion dollars in 2013.
- Hidalgo is the leading barley producer in all of Mexico.
- 5.7 kilograms of barley is consumed annually per capita in Mexico.